Autodesk is now shipping the big daddy of 3D software, in a new 2020 version. The features I noted, among the list…
* new non-phorealistic shaders for NPR … including “Toon Width” and a rather naff-looking “Halftone”.
* greenscreen keying tools.
* point-cloud export now in .ply and .e57 file formats.
* faster viewport for complex rigs and animation preview.
* faster UV editing “when working with many UV islands”.
* “standard codecs when rendering AVI files”.
“Toon Width” has an un-parsable specification, but when I attempt to translate it approximately into plain English… it looks like it’ll automatically make toon lines thinner the further away an object is from the camera. Actually, that sort of thing would be a nice addition to Poser 12’s comic book capabilities, I’d suggest.
Carrara 8 is DAZ Studio's official 'big sister' software.
Carrara loads all DAZ and Poser characters and scenes,
and supports LuxRender for top-quality realistic rendering.