FlowScape 1.3 is out, and the most stable way for purchasers to get this $10 landscape tool is via the Itch downloader/loader.
* a basic ‘first draft’ implementation of a terrain-sculpting tool. The maker says “ideally you want to sculpt the terrain before you place anything” on it. “Also if you save and reload, it does weird things if you try and sculpt some more.”
* paint paths, which seems to mean that you can easily lay down footpaths and trackways with a paintbrush.
* 12 new skies.
* a collection of ships.
* six “snowy mountain pieces”, for backdrops.
* “lava and ice options”, as well as water.
* more save slots.
* the overlay grid opacity can be changed, which is useful for RPG map makers.
* water can be made more reflective in top-down-RPG views, so it shows up better.
* “pressing SHIFT will let you rotate”, and this seems to mean rotate a prop with the mouse wheel when placing it on the terrain.
Regrettably it now takes an absolute age to load. Like… no response after thirty minutes! Even when windowed at 800px and low graphics quality. It just sits there and shows me the blurred tree that forms the initial loading-screen. The previous versions could run, so why can’t this one? I can only assume that the Unreal engine has upgraded in the meanwhile, and the system specs have risen beyond my reach? It looks to me like I can no longer run it in version 1.3.
Carrara 8 is DAZ Studio's official 'big sister' software.
Carrara loads all DAZ and Poser characters and scenes,
and supports LuxRender for top-quality realistic rendering.