The Poser Pro 11.3 update has just been released. Congratulations on the team for getting it on time in the current difficult circumstances. 11.3 adds…
* support for RTX graphics cards on Windows, and apparently this has to be “20 series”. The added support is said to “significantly reduce render times”;
* improved content library search, with new Boolean “AND” and “OR” search-operators for the Library search-box;
* a new stand-alone male figure, L’Homme, who was previously only a morph of La Femme. But “they can still share morphs, textures and poses”;
* the La Femme figure has been updated to remove the L’Homme morph dial;
* users can now log in to “Renderosity accounts through the Poser Software interface” and download/install store purchases that way. Note that “Users will not have to “Install from Zip” unless they want to.”;
* Poser’s Python scripting is updated to Python 2.7.17;
* 11.3 adds the latest .FBX handling, and there’s a forum post that suggests this means FBX 2019;
* new “faster loading of default scene load time by using PMD”. (Never heard of it, but sounds good. Does it also speed up Poser scenes that are not the ‘default’?);
* and “hundreds of bug fixes”.
On the ‘store content installs’, I presume one can tell Poser which Runtime you want it installed in. Since Poser 11 has several, and users often have more and in strange places.
11.3 looks good, but I won’t be installing it just yet, and I might even prefer to wait until the summer and Poser 12. Poser 11.2 runs fine for me, and I’ll wait and see what scripts the Python update breaks before installing. I’ll probably update this blog’s ‘Poser 11 Python scripts page’ in due course for 11.3, in a few weeks, as and when stable fixes are noted and linked on the forums.
Carrara 8 is DAZ Studio's official 'big sister' software.
Carrara loads all DAZ and Poser characters and scenes,
and supports LuxRender for top-quality realistic rendering.