Lightwave 2020 has been released. The “what’s new” highlights for artists appear to be:
* Two new hair shaders in FiberFX, with “a simple artist-friendly shading option” which makes controlling and styling the strands easier.
* Tone mapping and better SSS.
* Improved workflow in the Scene Editor.
* “More features” are now supported in the FBX format.
* Updated OpenGL, for a “closer to final render” look in preview.
Carrara 8 is DAZ Studio's official 'big sister' software.
Carrara loads all DAZ and Poser characters and scenes,
and supports LuxRender for top-quality realistic rendering.