The Poser Pro 2014 Service Release 3 is out, and is now accessible on the Poser website (there was apparently a bit of a rush, which caused some problems but these appear to have subsided now). The upgrade was officially released on the 13th August 2012. The readme file gives the details of What’s New. It’s a long detailed document, but I noticed these items in particular:
* All-round general performance and stability updates and improvements.
* Import > Collada menu item is no longer missing on first launch.
* Fixed export of PNG to properly unpremultiply the alpha channel and correct for the background color. Fixes color fringing in transparent areas.
* Improved local Content Library search efficiency, for large numbers of Runtimes.
* Secondary reflections and refractions now respect softness.
* Improved quality when combining subsurface scattering, indirect diffuse light and displacement mapping.
* Enabled image sequence support for Make Movie.
* GoZ Plugin Support for working with ZBrush (the GoZ Plugin is free).
* Improved Python add-on support.
* Upgrades to the PoserFusion plugins.
Previous SR2 changes appear to be rolled into this new SR3 upgrade.
Carrara 8 is DAZ Studio's official 'big sister' software.
Carrara loads all DAZ and Poser characters and scenes,
and supports LuxRender for top-quality realistic rendering.