The newest Daz Studio Pro 4.7 is out now.
There seem to be some quite interesting and possibly important new features, which include among others…
* UI interface and navigation streamlining
* Interactive Progressive Rendering (IPR)… “see near real-time camera, light and material modifications”. Even moderately accurate WYSIWYG previews of the final render lighting would be a 1000% improvement on the old versions.
* “Back to Base”… an easy way to safely strip out all the modifications you made to a base character/figure.
* Render Settings Pane overhaul… an improved layout for this important panel
* Extended Texture Format Support… “Added support for using .EXR, .HDR, .PSD, and various others directly as textures.”
* Render Engine Update… “3Delight render engine to 11.0.105”. But this just seems to be a bugfix advance. The last important speed change was back in August with 11.0.101, which added… “Ray-traced subsurface scattering now uses much less memory and is 5% to 7% faster”.
Still free (for now), and still including…
Genesis Starter Essentials
Genesis 2 Starter Essentials
FBX Plug-in for DAZ Studio
Texture Atlas for DAZ Studio
GoZ for DAZ Studio (ZBrush connector)
3D Bridge for Photoshop
Subsurface Shader Base
Content Creator Toolkit
Though those installing for the first time will find the above extras are separate downloads.
Carrara 8 is DAZ Studio's official 'big sister' software.
Carrara loads all DAZ and Poser characters and scenes,
and supports LuxRender for top-quality realistic rendering.