A friend kindly gave me a personal video demo of the Garibaldi Hair System plugin for DAZ Studio 4.5 and higher. Seems to render rather quickly, which is very encouraging. Overall it looks fairly simple to use, once you work out how to access the editor and control the styling of the hair. There are manuals and videos, of course, but for future reference here’s my step-by-step quickstart for this plugin…
Load the Garibaldi Hair System editor:
1. Load a figure in DAZ Studio. Select the figure.
2. Top Menu Bar: Create | Create New Garibaldi Hair… | Select DAZ Geometry Node | Select Character | Accept.
3. You now have a Garabaldi Hair item listed over in the Scene tab list of scene items. Select this Hair item. Now go to Top Menu Bar: Edit | Edit Garibaldi Hair.
4. The special Garabaldi Editor Window will launch.
5. Setup Room: Select Head / Skin on your character | Paint Room: Paint areas of head skin on which to grow hair | Then work the basic hair through the other Styling Rooms.
Save a finished hair style:
1. Select the Garabaldi Hair item listed over in the Scene tab list. Rename it. Grab it and slide it up so it becomes a child part of your character.
2. Activate Parameters tab: Top Menu | Window | Panes (Tabs) | All | Scroll down to “Fit to”, and ensure the hair is set to “Fit to” your character.
3. In the Scene tab list select the root/main entry for your character. In Top Menu | File | Save As… | Wearable preset… Now DAZ Studio should save the hair into …\My Library\Presets\Wearables. Find it as a clickable preview in: Content Library | DAZ Studio Formats | My Library | Presets | Wearables | (may take a few seconds for the preview icon to appear).