Here’s how to quickly load Michael 4 (M4) with his morphs in Poser, avoiding a half-hour of “where the heck is it!” searching:
1. First, install M4. Then ‘initialise’ M4 so that he can accept his vital set of Morphs++ morphs. Do this by running DzCreateExPFiles-M4.bat and DzCreateExPFiles-M4Gens.bat files which are both found on your hard-drive in your DAZ content directory, likely to be in: ..\Studio\content\Runtime\Libraries\!DAZ Just double-click on each of these .bat files. They only need to be run the first time you install and use M4.
2. In Poser’s Library, then find your installed base M4 character at – Library | Figures | DAZ People | Micheal 4. Load him to the stage/scene.
3. The M4 Morphs++ are found at – Library | Poses | DAZ’s Michael 4 | Morph Injections | and then look for the INJ Morphs++ M4 icon.
Select M4’s full Body on the stage, then double-click INJ Morphs++ M4 to inject the morphs. This may take 90 seconds so.
4. Now randomly select any M4 Body Part and look down at the Parameters dials panel. Under Morphs | Shapes you should now have lots of new Morphs++ dials for total control of M4. The injection of the Morphs++ worked.
Morphs++ is required by a good number of cool character presets, which in your runtime are usually labelled INJ BODY or INJ HEAD or similar.
And of course the Morphs++ dials can still be useful for manual tweaking.
5. Now save the Poser scene file with your fully morphed-up M4, so that you can quick-start making an M4-based character in future.
You may also want the M4 Magnet Fits which injects morphs in clothing, for fine fitting of too-puffy shoulders and suchlike.
The process is much the same for V4.
Carrara 8 is DAZ Studio's official 'big sister' software.
Carrara loads all DAZ and Poser characters and scenes,
and supports LuxRender for top-quality realistic rendering.