3d fantasy artist DeeDee has a very interesting real-world comparison between Poser and Vue as a render…
* what’s in the included free content and how to find it
* how to pose and dress both Miki and Tyler, and customize them
* the basics of rendering, turning your 3D scene into a 2D picture.
You can get a feel for the webinar format by looking at the archived webinars, including part one of “Getting Started in 3D with Poser”.
After a long wait Reality 3 for Poser is actually available to buy now, with a $20 discount until the 5th of May 2013!
DAZ Studio users already have Reality 2 available now, with Reality 3 for DAZ Studio announced but not yet dated as far as I know. I’m guessing possibly August 2013?
A Renderosity staffer reviews Vue Xtream 11, the top version of the natural landscape rendering software. The blurb for the lesser Vue 11 Studio version ($399) claims… “extended Poser/DAZ integration” and that it will “Load and render Poser characters”. Hopefully that latter feature isn’t limited to the 64-bit version, as it was in Vue 10.
A very nice new semi-toon spacesuit, Imploo Explorer, for the new Imploo character. Personally I’m not keen on the Imploo, it lacks something when compared to the appeal of Nursoda’s creations and the skin textures are Poser-only. The developer obviously has great hopes of it, but I can’t see it catching on if neither the textures nor the poses work in DAZ.
I’d love to see it officially made available for other semi-toon characters too.
Hot from the Carrara Cafe! News that DAZ Carrara 8.5 is to be released at the end of summer 2013, with Carrara 9 set to follow perhaps Christmas 2013 or in the first quarter of 2014.
Carrara 8.5 will include…
- Support for up to Windows 8 and Mac OSX 10.8
- DSON support
– Metadata support
- New animation tools (keyframe tool improvements, smoothing, keying every frame, etc.)
- Graph editor improvements
- Improvements to viewport avatars (Lights – spotlight, sun, moon, etc. Cameras – conical, isometric, etc.)
- Improved bullet simulation for soft bodies
All editions of the Vue 11 landscape software (Pioneer, Theme Packs, Frontier, Esprit, Studio, Complete, Kitchen Sink With Pink Spots…) are now available in German and French.